The FRE news draws attention to an important deadline, as individuals can apply for tax filing by Monday at the latest.

You can opt for simplified returns if you have received only taxable income from the payer (employer) in the tax year from which the payer (employer) has deducted tax/advance payment.

Neither is it a disqualification if you derive income from the sale of real estate, movable or immovable property or, for example, wish to hold retirement savings and/or voluntary mutual fund account. However, you should not opt ​​for this method of return if you are a sole proprietor or a primary farmer,

Who has opted for flat-rate taxation or income from exchange gains in his pay-catering activities?

For those who opt for the simplified tax return, it is sufficient to fill in the form 1353NY, which can be downloaded from the DSAF website or available from the customer service, and submit it to the tax office by 17 February at the latest. It is not necessary to attach any document or certificate. The statement can be sent by post, delivered in person at customer service or electronically transmitted through the customer gate.

This could greatly facilitate this year’s taxation.

Upon receipt of the declaration, DSAF prepares a simplified declaration proposal using the information at its disposal. It will be sent to the taxpayer by April 30, who will have to check it against his income statement for the previous year.

If you find any discrepancies, you must return your signed tax return to DSAF by May 20, corrected or supplemented. If there is no discrepancy, you do not need to return the document, as the return sent by the DSAF (return 1353E) is deemed to have been filed by the taxpayer by the due date.

If the taxpayer is required to supplement the deducted advance

He must pay the tax by May 20th. If the data are corrected, the tax shall be payable within 30 days of receipt of the notice of DSAF.

If the tax advance deducted exceeds the tax payable, DSAF will refund the difference within 30 days of May 20, and within 30 days of receipt of the notice of the tax return adjusted for the correction.

Bobbie Reed